Sunday, April 1, 2012

Silhouette Settings for Cutting X-Press It Masking Film

Hi Everyone!!

I have been a long time user of the Provocraft Cricut, but have also had a Silhouette SD hidden away in my cupboard for....hmmm....2 YEARS!!  After 1 failed attempt at using the Silhouette I put it away.  However! I have recently brought it out of the closet..................and dare I say..............I am totally loving it!!~ SO much so, I have ordered the new version....the Silhouette Cameo that has a 12" platform!

Anyway, back to the real reason for this post!  I just wanted to share the settings for cutting your own masks with this machine and the X-Press It Masking Film!

Select the following settings
Media:  Silhouette Vinyl
Speed: 8
Thickness: 5
Blade Depth:  1
This setting cuts through the clear mask, but not the backing sheet!  Then you can reapply the mask to the backer so that you can use it over and over!!  I personally have had great results with these settings, if you don't........let me know!

Happy Cutting


No comments: